November 2018 Action Item:
Continuing Education Opportunity:
Rush University's Public Voices Fellows share their experiences and how you can use your voice for change!
APHN Public Health Policy Committee
Roles of the Public Health Policy Committee
Guided by APHNs mission to shape the role of public health nursing within the specialty of population health and to educate and advocate for policies and practices that advance the practice of public health nursing to promote the public’s health, the APHN Public Health Policy Committee works to:
1. Identify opportunities for APHN to be the voice for Public Health Nursing at the national level.
2. Advise the APHN Board on important legislation related to nursing and the health of the public.
3. Educate the APHN membership on their role in advocacy and policy change.
3. Advocate for policies that promote the role of the public health nurse and the health of the public.
2018 Advocacy Priorities
1. Foster partnerships between community/public health nurses and community health workers.
2. Explore potential value-based funding mechanisms for C/PHNs role and interventions that are positively affecting health outcomes among populations.
3. Advocate for protection of programs that are supported by the Prevention and Public Health Fund (PPHF).
4. Preserve the advancements provided by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).