November 2018 Action Item:
Continuing Education Opportunity:
Rush University's Public Voices Fellows share their experiences and how you can use your voice for change!
APHN Public Health Policy Committee
Roles of the Public Health Policy Committee
Guided by APHNs mission to shape the role of public health nursing within the specialty of population health and to educate and advocate for policies and practices that advance the practice of public health nursing to promote the public’s health, the APHN Public Health Policy Committee works to:
1. Identify opportunities for APHN to be the voice for Public Health Nursing at the national level.
2. Advise the APHN Board on important legislation related to nursing and the health of the public.
3. Educate the APHN membership on their role in advocacy and policy change.
3. Advocate for policies that promote the role of the public health nurse and the health of the public.
2019 Advocacy Priorities
1. Advocate for federal funding that supports and improves nursing education and the existing nursing workforce.
2. Provide resources to help strengthen the Public Health Nursing Competency Domain 2: Policy Development/Program Planning Skills.